Thursday, June 2, 2011

London is still London - go figure

Had a huge day of walking and shopping yesterday - after a 1,000k's of cycling, I'm not used to walking anymore and my legs are very sore. That and the pollution is killing my sinuses again, after weeks of rural France had cleared them again - but I will stop whinging now :)

So, first stop today was Hamleys, just left after successful visit, should see a 6 year old girl very happy when dad gets back on Sunday...and the bulk of shopping is done, just great scotch to collect in Auckland.

Lunch coming up for work, then more shopping before I catch for drinks and dinner with my old buddy Scott. Last time he and I caught up here in London it was a truly memorable evening, ending with kebabs and trying to shift a huge pile of bricks around a car at 2AM. Given I'm flying back tomorrow afternoon I suspect I will be a little more circumspect tonight :)

And it's 615PM, I have a lovely Chablis and an accompanying duck liver and brandy pate. This is the London I remember, away from the tourists and enjoying great food and wine. Scott is finishing work and will be here in an hour. Life is good.

And tomorrow at 4PM I step on to NZ1 and start the journey home, and I really cannot wait. 3 weeks is the longest I've been away, and it's way too long.

Breakfast and great coffee at Chaos on Sunday morning, oh god I've missed great coffee :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Leicester Square,London,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment