Sunday, May 15, 2011

The basics of the plan

Now that I'm packed and most of my work is complete, I can now talk about "The Plan". Sounds quite grand really, doesn't it. Its not, trust me on this.

Fly from New Plymouth to Auckland, assuming this awful weather has passed and I don't have to drive. Get on one of Air NZ's spanky new 777's, sit still and watch movies for 12 hours. Get off in LA and be treated like human cattle, have my retina scanned, get back on the plane, repeat until Heathrow. Find Simon in T5 - probably in a First Class Lounge somewhere quaffing vintage champagne - get us both on a BA flight direct to Lyon.

Get off plane, walk to hotel at airport. Assemble bikes, sleep. Get up the next morning, ride across Lyon to the main Gare, and catch a train inland to Clermont Ferrand. And then just ride. Wherever we feel like. And then ride back to the train station and find Simon, who will be arguing with the Station Master about the fact that the train was 5 minutes late, and the pate wasn't fresh.

Kidding :)

That's it really, no real plans other than that. Primary concern will be caffeine - "J'voudrai un petit cafe noir, SVP" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment