Monday, May 16, 2011

So close I can now feel it :)

Its hours now, not days, and my bags are nearly done. Bike bag has absorbed even more, light and bulky stuff, god knows its like the Tardis that bag, I swear I could fit one of the kids and their bike in there and take them with me. This has lightened my main bag even further. Simon tells me he has a main bag as well, and its weighs 47 kgs. I assume he is bringing a case of wine with him for the stopover in London...

Off down the road soon to get the obligatory pre holiday haircut. In to town for a coffee and something to eat, say good bye to the regulars at favourite cafe, all of whom have offered the usual bag carrying services.

Got huge extra long hugs from the kids this morning, Oliver and Anna were noticeably keen to be around Dad, very cool. Ive realised that whilst Im hugely excited and cant wait to go, saying goodbye tonight at the airport will be damned hard - Ive been away from them before, but this is 3 weeks, and across the other side of the planet. Will go and get them from school, all going well (assumes Im flying at 6 PM tonight to Auckland) and spend a final hour with them. Cant wait for that time either. Love my kid time :)

Next post will most likely be from NP (International) Airport, Koru Cupboard :)

1 comment:

  1. Koru cupboard: ha ha!

    The scene of many a miserable departure from New Plymouth. At least you can be sure that things can only get better.

    London eh? I can recommend the curry house in Twickenham, should you be visiting that hallowed ground (why else visit London one asks). It's the best curry in the world.

    D

    D

    ReplyDelete