Thursday, May 26, 2011

Planning night

Sitting over dinner, figuring out our next week before I leave and then what Simon is going to do before the boss gets here. So, dinner first...



Another amuse bouche this time Pea Soup - how very English but very nice it was



A locally caught trout carpaccio, not a big trout fan but as a carpaccio it was lovely






Just the view from the terrace where we are eating, anyway, main course arrives



Scallops in a cream sauce - yum!




And of course cheese...



Followed by a lovely tarte au pomme.

And then the plan. We leave Millau today, no idea what time as that will depend on the capabilities of French bike mechanics - great, I'm riding an American bike, I expect shrugs - anyway, we've also decided to not ride during the 12 to 3 period, it's just too hot, and it's light enough to ride without lights until almost 9PM anyway. So the plan is to take a route that will see us in Avignon by around 30 or 31 May. I can catch a TGV direct from Avignon to the airport at Lyon, thus sparing myself the joy of heading to the airport on busy roads from the centre of Lyon - perfect. May mean I have a half day or so to just wander around Lyon, nice.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment