Sunday, May 15, 2011

This just in

OMG, I'm packed. No, really. Bike was far easier than I expected, and the bike bag (photo soon) is amazing - thank you Torpedo7, you didn't let me down. Seat post and saddle off and out; handlebars detached and hung through frame; wheels off, deflated and into separate wheel bags; and then the whole lot into the bike bag - amazing.

Then on to the suitcase for clothes, etc. Tent, sleeping bag, mattress (inflatable) and everything else required. Decided Ive agreed with Simon, I'm leaving stove behind. Will take cup, have to drink breakfast glass of wine from something (and for my children reading this post, I may or may not be kidding about that!).

So, I'm packed. Whilst the weather is looking dodgy, flights are still operating, so fingers crossed, I will make it out of New Plymouth OK tomorrow night - really don't fancy driving to Auckland again. And with the early start today, the vast majority of my work is complete, and now I'm doing a final tidy up of "stuff" so that I can actually chill tomorrow morning, enjoy breakfast with my babies before taking them to school, and then panic for the rest of the day.

Its real, its almost here, crikey, a tad excited I is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment