Monday, May 16, 2011

Sad and deleriously happy, how does that work then?

About 10 minutes ago, I gave my kids a treat they have been asking for for ages - ages and ages in fact. I bought them up to the Koru Lounge here in New Plymouth. With gaping eyes and wide mouths, they saw Dad's second home - and werent surprised by how small it is :) Comments ranged from are the sandwiches free to can we have a coffee, and are you going to have a beer? LOL.

Im not afraid to say I cried when my kids left. Ive not been away from them for this long, ever. 3 weeks, and I will miss my babies so very much. The hug I got from Anna (thank you darling, I know you will read this!) was extra special, and I got kisses as well. James and Oliver were, lets be honest, more taken with the ticket machine, but thats boys huh? Hugs from both anyway, so Im good with that ;) Off they went, and I trooped back into the Koru, feeling both happy and sad, up and down, but more up thankfully.

James came with me in my car on the way out to the airport, and we talked about what Im doing, and how happy I am to be able to do it. How Ive worked hard for years, and thats how you get somewhere. I can stop being a dad and providing moral and spiritual guidance now - I can just be me for 3 weeks. God, what a truly delicious, amazing feeling of intense freedom.

Im sitting here in that tiny little Koru club, my plane to Auckland about an hour and 20 minutes from leaving, and Im filled with the most amazing sense of adventure, of being at the top of the world. I want this feeling to last for a very long time. I want the minutes to drag. Actually, I want another glass of that great Pinot, so hang on please...

Right, thats done, where was I...ah yes, that feeling. Its kinda neat really :)

Oh, and one other thing, luggage. One bag, 18 kgs. Bike bag, 23kgs, perfect :) All I need now is the upgrade to go through and my day, my year, my decade will have been well and truly made :)

Look out London, here I come...hope there's decent movies on the plane!!

No comments:

Post a Comment